Welcome to your blog, health library staff! Get the latest information in Continuing Education, Research, Reference, Project Updates, and Access Notes all in one convenient place.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
LactMed: a useful drug resource
I just got a literature search request in the consultation suite from someone wanting to know about the effects of a certain drug on milk supply and nursing infants, and I thought I'd take some time to post a little promotion for one of my favourite drug databases: LactMed, which I'm not sure everyone knows. It's an NLM database that offers wonderful summaries on each drug; their effects on milk production, how much of the drug enters the breastmilk; effects on the baby; and alternative drugs to use if the drug you're considering is not safe. Of course you can find this information in our subscription resources too, but LactMed has it all in one place, it's very easy to read, and it's even a great consumer health resource; I've recommended it to a lot of my friends. In the case of the literature search request I just got, the summary for the drug in question was last updated two months ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment